Thursday, August 30, 2012

So excited!


Have you seen Christy Riopel's post on the Canadian Scrapbooker blog, about the Spectrum Noir markers?

Ironically, without knowing of Christy's upcoming post, I had gone to the CS website, to check out my post for Tuesdays with the Team (yes, I still go to the main site and then click on the link to Jackie's blog because I can never remember the blog address!)  At any rate, while scrolling down through the ads, I noticed one for Canuck Crafts that featured the above markers.

Now, let me preface this by saying that I have been eyeing up the Copic markers for a few years now, but could never bring myself to pay $7 for one marker, despite its' rave reviews and refill-abilitity.  (Why yes, that IS the technical term.  Thanks for asking.)

But then I took Stephanie Ackerman's online self-paced class, A Whole New Doodle 2012.  And coveted the PrismaColor markers that she uses.  I searched high and low online to find the best deal and was still put off by the $130 price tag (set of 48) at Currys, even with free shipping.  Then I received an email from Michaels, advertising that they now carry PrismaColor markers!!  And there was a 40% off coupon to boot!

*choirs of angels sing*

Off I go, to Michaels, only to find that they are ridiculously overpriced at $299.99 (for the same set of 48)!  Even with the 40% off coupon, they would work out to over $200, taxes included - eek!!  Not as pricey as the Copics, but still over $4 a marker.

So I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to continue to hope and pray that the prices would drop a bit (or that I would win the lottery).  Gut instinct tells me that neither of these events are going to happen any time soon...

So when I saw the Canuck Crafts ad, I clicked and discovered that not only are the Spectrum Noir markers alcohol based, but they are also refillable and the nibs are replaceable too!  Best of all, they are a fraction of the price!!  I could order 72 markers for less than the set of 48 PrismaColor markers at Michaels!

So happy to find a Canadian company to support, I found them on Facebook and sent them a quick message.  And you know what...?

Sharon messaged me back and asked me to be a part of their design team!!

So excited!! Not only do they carry the markers, but they have some great stamps and cardstock designed to work with alcohol markers!  And their prices are so reasonable!

Here are some of my favourites:


(wouldn't that look amazing on a canvas!?)


I could go on and on...!!  Have a peek for yourself here...

I can't wait to play!  She just emailed me yesterday and a package of goodies is on its' way!  Yay!

Cheers,




4 comments:

  1. that is exciting! cannot wait to see what you create with them! do you happen to know if they are compatible to use with Copics, instead of replacing all the colours that I do have, can I jsut fill in the gaps with Spetrum Noir?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good question Laura, I would be interested to know the answer to that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, congrats....can't wait to see what you create and what you think about them! I took the Copic classes, just can't bring myself to spend the cash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing the spectrum noir markers for quite a while now. I will have to bite the bullet and get me some before I retire and living on a fixed income as then I won't be able to afford them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...